Monday, July 15, 2013

Just some inspiration

Since we have gotten Stella, she is so friendly and loving to everyone, I've been somewhat disappointed.  Since we live in the city and there can be some sketchier people walking down our street, I was hoping to have somewhat of a guard dog.  But anyone that approaches her or our door only gets licks and love.  Well, today Tom and I were sitting in our car in a parking lot and Stella was in the backseat and all of a sudden she started making this really weird noise.  It honestly scared us a little bit. It wasn't until she barked that we realized she was growling. It was the scariest noise I've ever heard her make. We looked around and realized there was a man out spraying weeds and with every weed, he was moving closer to us. To her he looked pretty suspicious, bending over taking slow steps, and she wouldn't stop barking and growling at him.  Is it bad that we encouraged her and gave her treats? I doubt she'd ever hurt anyone but with that deep bark I doubt anyone would come close enough to find out.  Needless to say, we rolled up the windows and the man quickly moved away from our car. And that is why I love her. Protecting us even when we don't need it :)

Now, here are some things I have pinned lately.


I love the simple color scheme of this bathroom with the towels and accessories as accents.  What a great way to implement color in a space.  Since popular colors can change so quickly this would be a simple and inexpensive way to stay in style.


How elegant is this living room?? I can't wait to have a living room that I can make beautiful one day.  I love that the dark sofa and burnt orange chairs make the space a little more manly but for the most part everything is a feminine style.  It's a good balance and a room Tom wouldn't feel so out of place in.  Besides, you can't go wrong with art deco.


This is the perfect mix of eclectic decorations.  This living room has a little bit of every decorating style from modern, to mid century, to art deco.  Since I can't decide which era I love the most, I like the idea of taking a little of what you love from each to make your own perfect room.

Source unknown

I love this bedroom.  At first glance, I didn't realize that it has a very simple color scheme of black, white, and gold.  I'm not usually a fan of monochromatic, but the trick to making simple interesting is mixing a lot of texture.  This room incorporates wood with fur with metal with smooth fabric with shiny lacquer. Having different textures creates depth and keeps the eye moving.


And this bathroom. What can I say, I am in love with industrial in the home.  Those spotlights are a beautiful and different replacement for the typical bathroom sconce.  And I love how they perfectly frame and fit within the mirrors. Oh, and the floating, natural wood, open cabinets are perfect.  This bathroom is just too good.

To see more, follow me on pinterest.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment