Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fauvism

So as I was doing my art history homework tonight, I came across this beautiful movement called Fauvism.  How have I never heard of or seen this before?? These are some beautiful paintings.  As I have mentioned before, I am collecting things for my gallery wall. Now here is some color I could bring into my home. I love the bright colors. If only they weren't in museums, worth a fortune.


Big Ben London- Andre Derain


Mountains at Collioure- Andre Derain


Henri Matisse- Andre Derain


Charing Cross Bridge- Andre Derain


The Bridge View on the River- Andre Derain

Okay. So maybe I'm way behind here that I just discovered this. But I am going to find a way to have something that pretty in my home one day. Andre Derain is a genius.

We're off to Vegas in the morning for Tom's birthday. I am so excited!! I will try to post a little while I am there but sorry in advance if there is some silence around here. 
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment