Monday, October 7, 2013

Quick and Easy chair update

Oh man, I have some major updates for you. You should probably be pretty excited about these.
Let's start with this chair.  I had been on the search for a chair for our secretary desk (see update) ever since Tom broke our Ikea one (I wasn't even mad when he broke it because A: It didn't fit under the desk and B: I was too busy laughing my head off when it happened)  We were sitting in our living room talking with friends (Tom was in our plastic Ikea chair) and all of a sudden there was a loud crack and Tom suddenly found himself leaning back, legs straight out, making large circles with his arms while trying to keep from toppling all the way over backwards.  Really, I laughed so hard I cried but you might have had to be there. Okay, back to the chair.

I found this baby for I want to say... $5.  It fits perfectly under the desk! But I was feeling too lazy to do a major overhaul (see previous post) So I decided to just spray paint the whole thing.


I removed the seat by unscrewing it and sprayed it down with the hose really well (there was so much gunk in the seat)


I decided on a bright blue because I could use more blue in my house.  Spray painting was the best way to do this.  I used one can and I think it took all of 10 minutes.


I had some leftover foam from my other chair I redid ( see here) and traced the seat onto it.


I then cut it out and used some fabric I had on hand from my coffee table I recovered.  I simply hot glued the fabric around to the bottom of the chair pulling tight and then screwed the seat back on.  This chair took me a total of an hour (that's way over estimating) And I couldn't be happier! I had some different things in mind for it but with how easily I did it, I can always redo it again when I get bored.


What do you think?  Here's the chair in a little preview of what's coming tomorrow.  So make sure and check back for some more of my recent projects!




No comments:

Post a Comment