Thursday, October 10, 2013

Nightstand

I have been on the hunt for a nightstand for Tom's side of the bed for months now.  I swear, I had seen so many night stands every time I went thrifting and then I started looking for one and suddenly there weren't any. (Not to mention I needed a specific size.)
Finally a week ago I found this at the D.I.  I measured it and I knew it would fit perfectly beside our bed.


I wanna say it was $15.  I really liked the details on the drawer and knew I could think of something fun to do with it.


I thought and thought about what color I could paint it.  The nightstand on my side of the bed is navy and white and I decided to keep that going on the other side. Especially since they are such different styles, it ties them together.


I painted the detail a few coats of navy blue and then taped all around it.



Next I painted a coat of blue over the tape to seal it.  If you haven't done this before, I highly suggest you do. It seals off the tape so that you get perfectly even lines when you peel the tape off.
I painted the rest of the dresser white and the top navy.


And it fits perfectly in this spot!



In the beginning I spray painted it with white paint... don't ask me why. and halfway through, I realized I hadn't removed the pretty brass hardware.  So I had to spray paint the hardware gold to cover up the white splotches... So, that was frustrating.


I left one little strip the natural wood for a little extra detail.



I found this light at the D.I. for $6.  I had been looking for an industrial light for a while and I love how it makes his side a little more masculine.


I used this wood crate as a "vanity tray" to round up his cologne and watches.  I like that it gets the job done while remaining manly.  Because that is important here. 

And that's it! Here it is before and after once again.


From granny


To glammy ;)

I'm really happy with how it turned out and Tom's really happy that he doesn't have to set his phone on the floor anymore! (did I just admit that?)

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment