Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fall Wreath

Today I have a quick and really easy tutorial for the fall wreath I showed you in my Halloween decorations post.  I started with a foam wreath form.  I spray painted it gold in case my tacs didn't cover completely.  I would highly recommend this part.  It saved me a ton of time later on. 


Next I used gold tacks (or push pins, whatever they are) that I found at the dollar store and pushed them in all over the wreath in a random way.  I've seen these done where they are perfectly lined up and spaced but. Ain't nobody got time for that! This is the part where the gold spray paint came in really handy.  If you look closely,  there are spaces all between the tacks and if the wreath was still green it would show up really bad.  (I also feel like the spray paint sort of holds the tacks in... but that just might be my wishful thinking.)


The best part about this wreath is that it is totally customizable to fit every season.  


My fall ribbon is held on with more tacks (along with the skeleton that I will take off after halloween.


I also added these fall leaves held on with more tacks.  These can be taken off after fall and I can add something Christmasy :)

So go out and get yourself a foam wreath and some dollar store tacks!!! 
Super cheap and easy.  Not to mention cute.

Don't love gold? Duh! Thumbtacks come in silver.  
This wreath could be for gold or silver lovers alike.  Plus, I think the silver would look so pretty for Christmastime!!



3 comments: