Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween decorations!

 I'm a bit embarrassed by the gallery wall I showed you before.  It was so small and just... not good.  So I'm going to redeem myself with these pics... hopefully. Remember my patriotic string art from July?  Well turns out I like it for everyday. So I framed it and added it to my gallery wall. Also added: a couple pictures of us, wood clock, and a geode string art.


I finally found a brass floor lamp to go behind our couch for $7... so... pretty happy about that.


How cute is this geode string art? I saw this idea on Vintage Revivals and fell in love!! I love string art and her tutorial is so simple and easy, it took no time at all (plus I already had all of the supplies!) Follow her tutorial here


I am proud (and a lot embarrassed) to say that I have finally somewhat styled our bookshelves.  Yeah, so what if they've been awkwardly empty for about 4 months. It takes time to decorate when every single thing on your shelf is thrifted. Gems don't come easy.  I guess I should mention that this is also showing you my halloween decorations.


I got all of my Halloween decorations at the dollar store this year.  I went to pick up a couple things for a project and happened upon some decorations that didn't look too "dollar store" and loaded up. 


The pumpkin I found at the DI and spray painted white.  The skull is from Michaels and I spray painted it white as well.


The Buddha and books were thrifted, the plant is Ikea (fake because we all know how well my succulents did under my brown thumb)


More thrifted books, silver bowl is thrifted, pumpkins from dollar store, and the white dog is from home goods


I originally planned on using this crow in a wreath but since my door is black it didn't show up.


The blue/white vase is Hobby Lobby, frame and lion bookend are thrifted (and the flowers in the vase? Walmart. who knew.)


Isn't this bookend amazing? It is some sort of stone and SO heavy.  I got a pair of them for $15 at the DI


Another Ikea plant (fake) and the rest is thrifted.


When I found this rock I was sooo excited.  I am always on the lookout for heavy things to hold books in place and it was $3.


the other lion bookend.


The mice are from the dollar store (and they have squeakers inside.  Stella freaked out when I brought them home)


The skull is.... yeah. dollar store.


I made the banner with orange paper (I bought a pad of colored paper this size at the dollar store) and I taped the paper to black string.  Kinda ghetto but Halloween isn't the classiest of holidays anyways.  And would it be bad if i left the skulls up all year?? I am kind of in love with them.  Weird? Sue me.

If you look to the far right of the above picture, you can see my light I made... More on that another time.


Skeleton garland is dollar store




Now for the desk. I found this light thrifting and thought it was perfect for the desk. Not to mention it was $3... SCORE



To bring in the fall, I threw some branches from my yard in a vase and called it a day.


fake Ikea plant to replace my fiddle leaf fig :( it officially died... along with Tom's poor Bonsai
I went out and bought a ton of fake plants and accepted that I can't keep a plant alive to save my life.



Last but not least, my wreath.


Pretty cute, right?  Tutorial to come... So that's what, 2 more tutorials I have given you previews of? (not to mention a ton more I have kept secret) See friends? I'm kind of back. I say kind of because it might not last long. But relish it while it lasts!! As of now I am in the middle of 3 projects with plenty saved up from the last month.  So this COULD last a while.  Just sayin.
Okay, see you tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment