Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Tonight I made a big mistake.

As I got on the computer to finish up some homework tonight I saw that Tom had a youtube video open.  For some stupid reason I watched it to prolong my homework and ended up really sad.  It was about a pitbull that had been used as a bait dog and was found wandering the streets.  It showed its rescue and how it learned to trust humans and even other dogs.  When they found her, she was all bloody and swollen from being attacked by fight dogs.  By the time the video was over, I was a mess.  I don't understand how people can treat an innocent little animal so horribly.  I know the topic of pitbulls can be really touchy for both sides and I'm not trying to start a debate here.  But since owning Stella I have learned that while she has the potential to be powerful and even kill she would never hurt a fly- at least on purpose. (She just has this knack for stepping on Tom's tenders almost every time she jumps on his lap- I think it's a silent protest against losing any possible attention from us)  I'm sure I would have to defend her from an invader in our house... even though that's her job... if she hears a noise she starts shaking. Really.  She is my little sweetie and I couldn't imagine ever hurting her.
A bad dog is raised, not born.

Those are my thoughts of the day.  And here's a pic of Stella and her new trick :)


I posted this on my Instagram today.
Feel free to follow along!
This literally takes ALL of her self control.  She loves food more than any dog I have ever met.
I'm hoping with time she can get to this level:


If you would like to watch the video, here it is.
But be warned.  If you love animals even a tiny bit, you will cry.

Tomorrow we are heading down to AZ to visit my brother, sis in law and their cute little boy!! So... I'll try to get a post scheduled tonight but just expect some silence.  Or you can stay up to speed through my Insta.
Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment