Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Little Girl's room Inspiration: Pink

A client of mine just built a home and we are taking it one room at a time to make it look unique and custom. The first room we are tackling is her little girl's room. She loves pink but her mom doesn't want it to look too "little girl" you know, with all the pastel pink matchy matchy everything. Not that there is anything too horrible about that if that is your style, it is just not the look we are going for. One of her requests was pink walls, something that my client doesn't want to commit to. Here is some inspiration I have found that  incorporates some more colors to make it a little more grown up.
I love the mix of navy and coral/pink.  Also gold fixtures and details make any room feel more glam.  The pop of green adds even more depth and interest. 

I think a pink ceiling is the perfect answer to the no-pink-walls rule her mom has set. 


Wanting taxidermy without the cost? This is a great tutorial to make your own from newspaper. You can be eco-friendly AND trendy! I would paint it white with maybe some gold accents.

I love this confetti wall! It is the perfect statement without committing to wallpaper.

See how cute these colors are mixed?

That LAMP!!!! And I'm also hoping to find some modern art to hang.

Also, I found almost this exact light while thrifting the other night.  It will be added to her room in one way or another. 

I can't wait until my vision finally comes all together!


2 comments:

  1. the confetti wall is SUCH a good idea! I have been wanting to put black polka dots in our bathroom but I don't want to commit to wallpaper either and this would be a great alternative! Thanks for the idea!! I am pinning this for later!

    love from NYC,

    Taylor
    TaylorMorganDesign.blogspot.com
    Shop Gold Chain Bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taylor! I checked out your cute little blog. Love your style. Living in NYC is my dream! Thanks for pinning!

      Delete