Sunday, June 2, 2013

Gold Side Table

I have been wanting a gold side table for a few weeks now. With my budget, (which is next to nothing since we're trying to save for upcoming vacations) I knew I couldn't afford all of the beautiful ones I had seen and I would just have to keep dreaming. But I found myself staying awake at night trying to figure out a way I could even build one... I wanted one like this but I couldn't figure out how to achieve that look on my own. Well this last week my trip to D.I. proved more successful than I would have imagined. I went to find a lamp to paint for our bedside table, when I saw this across the store:


The EXACT table I was dreaming of, only in black.


It was dirty and needed a few screws but nothing I couldn't easily fix.
So with a few coats of this Krylon 18kt. Gold Plate Spray paint,

This was my result:


 



Isn't she so pretty?? Ahhh I am in love!
Oh, did I mention I only spent 5 dollars total?!
That's right, this beauty only cost $5. Bless the D.I.
I already had the spray paint on hand and borrowed a screw from my dad's collection.

P.S. The vase is one of the many DIY from my wedding. I will have that tutorial soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment