Saturday, June 1, 2013

Front Door Redo

This project was the best because I intended on doing it for cheap- meaning I wouldn't buy a 13$ quart of black paint. So I tried it with a 3$ "sample size" of black paint.  It worked great! ...Except I ran out with one coat to go on the inside of the door. So I went back to Lowe's to get another sample. Well, they told me they were out of sample sizes and would have to give me a quart for the sample size price.  (I tried my best not to act too excited.) Sooo after using an 8th of the quart, I tucked it away to be used in many other projects :)

Here is the Before:

This one really shows how yellow and gross it was (and scratched)


And After:

(don't mind the scratches from my dog... I WILL break her of that habit.)

It's amazing what a few coats of black paint can do! 




No comments:

Post a Comment