Friday, November 20, 2015

The greatest chair find in the history of ever.

I mentioned a couple posts back about my little ghost chairs.


These babies are something I studied in design school.  I took a class all on chairs (boring, right? Wrong! I loved it haha)  Anyways.  These are designed by a Scandinavian designer named Philippe Starck.  I always wanted some but I knew I would never afford them.  I looked into knock offs but they're still like $90 a chair on Amazon.  That's not bad but I read not amazing reviews about them and I wasn't about to pay $90 for something that was just decent.
Well one day last fall in the throws of morning sickness, I was laying in bed looking on a yardsale site on Facebook when these chairs popped up 2 for $25.  She suggested using them on a patio... What?? NO!!!??  There was a line of people inquiring about them and I will admit. I did a dirty thing.  I private messaged her and offered her $50 with immediate pick up.  She accepted my offer and deleted her post.  I dragged my sickly self out of bed and picked up the chairs, threw them in the back of my car, drove home and dropped back in bed without taking a 2nd look at them.
And then I started thinking about them and I walked out to my car and guess what is on the back of these chairs??


Can you even see that? haha... Anyways, it says "Louis Ghost  Starck by Kartell"  Okay. These babies aren't even knock offs!! I literally wanted to do cartwheels.  A quick google sesh told me these pretties sell for $450 A CHAIR. Yep.
Basically I will never out-do myself ever again.
And that poor girl who had no clue what she was getting rid of...

That my friends, is the story of how I paid $50 for $900 worth of furniture.

The end.

(Dying to know... would you do it? Would you weasel your way into a sale if you knew you'd never forgive yourself for letting something go?  Or am I just a bad person?  Either way, I'm a bad person with 2 pretty chairs. :))

xoxo Bre


No comments:

Post a Comment