Thursday, November 19, 2015

DIY Industrial pipe shelves

I told you I installed shelves on my blank wall.  Here they are:


We really want more industrial elements in our home and what better way than pipe shelving?


For these shelves, I bought 4 black iron 1/2" floor flanges, 4 black iron 1/2" x 12" pre-threaded pipes (nipples), 4 black iron 1/2" end caps, a pack of brackets and 1 6' x 12" board cut in half.  


I mounted the flanges 2 1/2 feet apart, made sure they were level, and screwed in the pipe and the end cap.


 Meanwhile, I sanded my boards down, and stained them with a layer of minwax classic gray, and a layer of special walnut on top.


Then I placed the board on top, made sure it was centered, and secured it with these brackets.  These are half inch and I found them in the section with the lighting wires.  They were silver so I spray painted them oil rubbed bronze so they would blend in.


And there we have it! Industrial shelving in a day.
I still have one more picture to hang on the bottom left corner to make it more balanced with the mirror.

And yes. That is my Christmas tree. In November.  Sue me? ;)

xoxo Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment