Monday, November 9, 2015

Main floor powder bath

This was meant to be a quick project. Tiny room, not much effort, no big deal.  HA. I forgot how I had a baby and projects are never going to be the same. This room took me weeks. I had to hammer between naps, and wear him while I painted.  It was a bit of a juggling act. Not to mention I did this to keep me busy while my husband traveled 4 times that month. As if I needed help staying busy. :)

Before:


I took the doors off the vanity before I took this. Shhhh just pretend they're still there.


Not a horrible color. But it was pretty dull and all the other walls were really marked up and a gross off-white. Not to mention the towel bar... you don't need a towel bar to hold full size towels if you're not going to be showering in here. Duh.


I started out by painting the vanity bright white.


 Then I painted the bottom 2/3 of the wall white and the top 1/3 jet black.


Then I nailed up these boards.




P.S. If you think it's a good idea to hammer while you're baby wearing, think again. Haha poor buddy.


And then I caulked them and filled in the nail holes.


And then I painted them white.


And here it is all finished!!


These are some paintings I did. I thrifted the frames and just used leftover house paint I had on hand. And because every room needs some greenery but this room doesn't have a window, I threw in a fake Ikea plant.

I still want to get some hardware for the vanity and I have a new light I need to install.  But it is such an improvement.

Have you ever done wainscoting yourself? Would you attempt it?

Next up: The Dining Room!

xoxo Bre





No comments:

Post a Comment