Monday, November 30, 2015

Office

This room is still pretty preliminary so I probably shouldn't even post it. But who knows when I'll get around to finishing it so here it is!

I apologize in advance for the crappy iPhone pics.  I can't for the life of me find my Nikon camera charger. :/

Remember what it looked like before:


These shelves... They're great. But they were built so strange.  All of the shelves are different heights and some of them are awkwardly short- I can hardly even stack a couple books on top of each other. And then others are just massive and hard to fill.  Call me crazy but I'm itching to rip them out. (Much to Tom's frustration haha)


The rest of the walls were baby blue.  A nice change from the rest of the brown and green house.





I took those before pictures right before Tom painted.  I was 38 1/2 weeks pregnant and Tom had his first adventure painting a room all by himself.  I helped a little bit with some of the edging but he did it alone for the most part and he did a really good job!


And here it is today with a very cute baby rolling around ;)  Since this is Tom's office for the most part (he uses it to work from home on occasion hence the double monitors) we wanted to make it pretty masculine feeling so we went for charcoal walls.


This room doesn't have a light fixture which is pretty obnoxious.  But some of the outlets are wired to a light switch so I got this light kit and shade from IKEA and just plugged it into the outlet and now it works with the switch.  The inside of the shade is copper which is perfect because our desk legs are copper.
The campaign dresser was a classifieds score for $25 that I painted white.  I will have to post a before and after of that one of these days.


Eventually I want to get some pretty leather chairs in here but for now my ghost chairs will do.


And here are the bookshelves styled (for the most part). When we get wood floors on our main level, hopefully in January, we will have to rip out the bookshelves to put the wood under them to the wall. Then my plan is to do a wood wall on that wall and some industrial style shelving like in my living room.  I tend to lean towards a more clean look and these bookshelves are pretty but they just feel really busy to me. 

I also need a rug but that will wait until we get wood floors in here. 
So there it is. Our office in all her partially finished glory. That's real life though. A constant work in progress.

Thanks for reading!

xoxo Bre


No comments:

Post a Comment