Thursday, November 5, 2015

New house tour

This is going to be really long because I tend to ramble. And it's filled with run on sentences because #mombrain is so real. But here's the story of how we found our house. If you don't really care how we found it, just scroll down to the pictures.

Okay so we looked for a house for a long long time.  I'm picky and had certain things I wanted in a house. We also weren't sure where we would end up for good. But then I got pregnant and there was zero room in our little victorian for a baby. We had 3 bedrooms upstairs but that upstairs was creeeeepy. And there was no chance I was going to put my brand new baby up there. And then a few other things came to play with Tom's job and we decided utah county was going to be our home for sure. So we really buckled down on the house search. We looked into building but with the timeline we wouldn't have been in by the time our babe got here so that was out. (Plus, the thought of paying for a fence and putting in a yard wasn't very appealing) Our realtor sent us over a bunch of homes in the area we wanted and I found one I wanted to walk through. You guys. It was  baby blue. Walls, ceilings, railings, in every. single. room. BABY BLUE. It was horrible. I left with this song stuck in my head. And then we found another one we liked in the neighborhood we wanted. (same neighborhood as blue home) We walked through that night and it was my home. I just knew it. We put an offer on the next day, which they counter offered the next day. And then Tom just wanted to wait for a bit. Buying a house is so scary! We wanted to be sure we could comfortably afford it and at the same time grow into it. Plus, buying the 2nd house we walked through felt really crazy and impulse-y. We talked more and decided we were going to keep looking.  So Tom started sending me MLS listings again and I literally cried looking at them. Carpet in a dining room? Who does that? No basement? Where will I send my kids when they're driving me crazy? (I may have been pregnant and hormonal but I just knew my house was getting away.) And then we talked more and decided we would accept the offer and literally 30 minutes later our realtor called us and said they received a higher offer but because they signed the counter offer, we still had 3 hours to accept and they would be locked in with us. So we scrambled and signed the papers and accepted. And then 30 days later it was ours! Okay so here are the pictures from the night we walked through. The house was vacant which made them really motivated to sell.


Entry


Entry from the living room and view into office


Office


Office


Living room from the front door


Tom and our realtor Will (who also happens to be a friend)


Living room from second story


I was mainly in love with the natural light and high ceilings


Half bath off living room


Dining room


Kitchen


Living room from the stairs... and can see into dining room and kitchen


Guest room


Laundry


Nursery


Main bath


Master


Master


Master looking into hall


Master bath


Master closet


Master bath from closet

And that's it! We do have a basement that's the same size as the main floor but it's just cement so those pictures would be kind of boring. Eventually we will finish it and then you can see it. :)

So basically our house was very brown, poo green, and 2 tone... And one very pepto pink/ peach crayon colored room.  It all changed very fast.  We painted 3 rooms before we even had Roman 2 1/2 months later.

Each room is already so different and I couldn't be more happy about that.  The people who lived here before definitely had different taste from me.  But what I loved most about this house is that everything was just cosmetic and could be easily changed as opposed to some of the houses with major issues. I will slowly be going through each room and showing you what I have done so far as well as what my plans are to finish them from here on out.  Starting with the entry.

Thanks for taking this journey with me!

xoxo Bre




3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see the changes! There is SO much I want to change in my upstairs like carpet in the masterbath!! Way Way worse than carpet in the kitchen, but we're finishing our basement and that's kind of a money pit. I'll keep.dreaming and add stuff to my want list when you show all of your fun updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We want to finish our basement but I'm scared it will be a money pit too! House stuff can be so expensive!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to see the changes! There is SO much I want to change in my upstairs like carpet in the masterbath!! Way Way worse than carpet in the kitchen, but we're finishing our basement and that's kind of a money pit. I'll keep.dreaming and add stuff to my want list when you show all of your fun updates!

    ReplyDelete