Monday, February 24, 2014

Lamp Revamp

I found this lamp MONTHS ago at the D.I. I loved the shape and style but not so much the dull color. But I knew I could do something with it.  As I was unpacking the other day, I found my gold leaf rub n buff.
  


I decided the poor lamp had sat in the attic for too long.  So I grabbed a rag and started rubbing the rub n buff on in circles.


It literally took me 10 minutes and I suddenly had a new lamp!


I could have done a few more coats but I kinda liked the rough look it gave having a little dark show through. :)
So I think this lamp cost like $7 at the thrift store. After doing some googling, I couldn't find a brass pharmacy lamp for under $100.  I'm feeling pretty happy with this redo.
Never pass something up because you don't like the color!
Xoxo Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment