Friday, February 7, 2014

New House

I finally feel like I can show you one room of our new house. It is the only room that is feeling somewhat put together and box free... Seriously this has been the longest process of my life. I unpack, organize, and clean for 8 hours a day and it has been 2 1/2 weeks. I'm so exhausted. But it is finally starting to pay off!!
I present you: 
Our TV Room


The view from our couch.


Our fireplace.  When I first saw it I thought of the titanic for some reason.  I think it's because it is all built in.


Detail on our fireplace. The metal door can come out but since we never build fires, it stays in.


I love this credenza our TV sits on. They had the house fully furnished with antiques that they said we could use.  But since I have my own furniture, we moved a lot of it out.  This we kept.


I have had my eye on this rug from Ikea for months now.  It is an amazing price for the size but we didn't have enough space for it in our old house so now I'm happy that we finally do.  

I rolled it out yesterday and Stella threw up on it. REALLY?? It was only leaves and cleaned up easily. But still. Wood and tile throughout the house and she goes straight to the hour-old rug. Not to mention she hasn't thrown up for months. Law of attraction I guess.


To the left of the couch you can see a door. Our house has 2 front doors. It think this room used to be the parlor or something. There is a huge pocket door that separates it from the rest of the house.  The governor used to live here and I can imagine he held very important meetings in this room :)


I have also wanted some Sanela curtains from Ikea.  I LOVE velvet and as soon as I saw them, I knew I needed them in my house.  This is the perfect window for them because it is across from the TV and puts a massive glare on the screen during the day.  So I needed something thick and light blocking.


The details on our fireplace.  The woman who owns this house told me that this wood work is painted on.  They didn't use stained hardwood back when this house was built and the nice houses had painted wood grain.  It is hard to get a good picture but it is so detailed and amazing to me that they used to do that.  They don't build like they used to.


This is another chair they left us.  It is SO comfortable. I love a good rocking chair.  You can see that my curtains don't go to the floor. Our ceilings are SO tall.  These curtains are hung just barely above the window and still 2 feet away from the ceiling.  They are the longest length from Ikea (98").  I need to get some fabric to sew on to the bottom of them to make them longer.


All of our windows and doors have transoms above them. It is seriously my favorite.  It just adds so much height to the house.


This is the window above our couch.  So pretty.
And here is our dining room I guess.


They left the table and chairs for us which is nice because they totally fit in with the house. (and we don't have any)
That is the rug that used to be in our living room... kinda crazy how small it looks in this house. It used to take up so much room in our old little house.
And that take us to the end of our tour for today.

Ok so there is one and a half rooms for you.  I will continue putting in my 8 hours of organizing and cleaning and hopefully by Monday I can show you a couple more rooms.
Thanks for reading and happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment