Friday, March 14, 2014

Gallery wall love

In my entryway i had the perfect awkward space for a gallery wall. Gallery walls are something you need to think about for awhile don't think you can just whip it up in an hour. Start collecting items when you are at target, thrift shops craft stores etc. I had been thinking about my gallery wall for awhile till i found the perfect items i wanted to use. Between Ikea, Hobby Lobby, Bijou Market and random things i had around the house i was able to pull it all together. All the frames with glass i got at Ikea, Ikea has great frames that are simple and clean. It is important to stay consistent with your frames, I stuck with silver and black three silver and three black varying in different sizes. Adding the silver & wood clocks, wooden frames, and artwork added layers that makes it more interesting to look at. The big center picture is from Ikea, Right above that the small black one of the tree i made my husband draw with a little quote that we love. Above that the silver one, i just put a piece of fabric i had around the house to add some texture. To the left of those is a print i found at my favorite Bijou Market as well as the leaf print and the "I'll love you forever and always" print AND the wooden clock (Bijou market is April 11th & 12th in Provo UT you gotta go, the best local vendors!!). The wooden frame i hung with some hemp and a knob i found at hobby lobby. I added a photo of me and my guy and there you have it. I figured out my design on the floor before i hung it, which i would highly suggest. Also having an idea in your head about what kind of design you want would help in finding the perfect things for your gallery wall. Let me know what you think in the comments below!!
- xox Ash

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Maybe you should come help us decorate our house.
    Love you,
    Uncle trav

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Maybe you should come help us decorate our house.
    Love you,
    Uncle trav

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlee it's BrittI want one of these come help!!!!

    ReplyDelete