Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Kitchen dreaming

My kitchen needs some help.  For someone who loves to bake and cook as much as I do, my kitchen is much too small.  One of the things we are missing is storage.  We have one tiny cupboard seen in this post and it only holds a few mixing bowls and my seemingly endless supply of tupperware.  The main problems is that we don't have any wall space in our kitchen.  Literally every wall that can be taken up is taken up.  So as I was cooking the other day, I had a brilliant idea.  Why not put open shelving on the wall with windows?  Sounds weird I'm sure, but I saw a picture of it somewhere (that I haven't been able to find since) and it looked really good.  So here is my inspiration for some open shelving in my kitchen.

I love how simple this is. with the all white and then natural wood. I also love how the shelves appear to be floating. Plus I have all white dishes, so I know mine would look great like that :)

I am a sucker for industrial.  I love that these shelves have sliding doors that can somewhat conceal things but still give the open feel.

How great are those mini spice shelves on the left?? And I also love the hanging pots and pans idea.

Another industrial-looking shelf.  It looks like can be readjusted for different heights which would be awesome.

And I am in love with this coloring.  Nothing says happy like bright colors.  I just might need to get me some prettier cooking utensils so I can display them.

I am hoping to get this done before school starts but my last week of summer might win me over....... We'll see.. 

As for now, I'm going swimming today. All day. And no one can stop me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment