Monday, July 28, 2014

Shabby Chic Room Reveal Part 1

A month ago I mentioned that I was working on a project with a client.  Today I get to finally show you the room! It started out looking like this:





It wasn't bad.  But it definitely didn't flow, and it wasn't the style she was going for.  This is a boutique that  sells upcycled furniture and decorations.  She also does wedding florals and uses this room to meet with brides and do her consultations.  So she wanted this room to be sort of bridal themed, while still keeping with the rest of the boutique theme.  I used the gray hutch (pictured above) as my inspiration to base the rest of the room off of. And this is what I came up with:
(Keep in mind that I forgot my Nikon and all of these are just iPhone pics.  Also,  I couldn't find the ones I took of the most updated layout I did.... So it isn't perfect here. But I felt like I'd been holding out on posting this for too long.)


This is the hutch that I got my inspiration from.  It is gray with pink crystal knobs.  So I decided to add the deep turquoise wall color to give it a punch.


All of the furniture in the room excluding the chair I did, she already had.


Here is the closet.  Everything in here she either already had or I thrifted.  Tomorrow I will do a post with all of the decor details.



The closets were pretty challenging for me.  The shelves were pretty tall and I needed large things to fill up the space.  I used her frames, the pallet sign,  and layered it with smaller items in front.
The tree sign was made by a friend of hers.  He makes them out of pallet wood.


*Disclaimer- This was taken before it was completely done... hence it is still messy. But it gives you a good idea of the room. The reason it took me so long to blog about this is because we were waiting on a sofa which would go under the gallery wall.  But she decided to forgo the sofa and just keep it how it is (which it is laid out differently than in this photo)


This is a bench she already had.  I just added some pillows for extra comfort.

Come back tomorrow for more details about the space and to see some ideas for the projects I did.






1 comment: