Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas

This is going to be a quick post because it's finals week and it's a miracle I decorated let alone am I posting it. 
We don't have much room for a tree so I didn't want to buy one specially for this house. So we found a little mom and pop place that sells real trees for $1.75 a foot. Now they weren't the most full, beautiful trees but for 13$ we got ourselves one that fits perfectly in our tiny living room. 


Now some would call this a Charlie Brown Christmas tree but it fit the old fashioned look I was going for perfectly.

I could literally carry it with one hand it is so tiny and light!! (Sorry for the dark pic)

My mother in law has amazing taste and tons of beautiful decorations and she told me I could come borrow some of hers for this tree. Without her we would look poor and sad. Seriously. This was it with what I had. 


I strung some cranberries while we watched a movie and I had a few ornaments. And this is it after I raided Laurie's storage room:


Charlie Brown no more!!! She had tons of pretty fillers and ornament strands... It's perfect!!


And here is my little Christmas vignette. If I get time I'll give you individual details later.


And the view from the couch. Seriously we were watching walking dead tonight and I caught myself staring at the tree and fireplace. And it was an intense episode. Soooo sitting here doing homework all day tomorrow won't be as bad.

And did I mention the smell?? I picked up a bag of cinnamon pinecones and those mixed with the pine tree... No candles needed!!! Mmmmm Christmas is my favorite smell of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment